The Eagles are currently in sixth, one place and three points above their visitors, so a home win here could pave the way for a return to the European stage next season.
Head coach Niko Kovac, who this week ruled himself out of the running for the soon-to-be-vacant post at Bayern Munich, will be deprived of a clutch of key players, though.
Ante Rebic tore a calf muscle in the surprise 2-1 reverse against Werder Bremen last week, meaning Mexico international Marco Fabian should come back into the starting line-up, while Carlos Salcedo and Omar Mascarell are also sidelined with injury.
Hoffenheim attackers Serge Gnabry and Mark Uth will be full of confidence coming into this game after each netting a brace in the 6-0 demolition of Cologne on Matchday 28.
Indeed, it was such an impressive team performance that head coach Julian Nagelsmann is not expected to rotate his line-up as they look to pull level with Frankfurt in the standings.
Dennis Geiger and Ermin Bicakcic are the only two players still in the treatment room.
Frankfurt: Hradecky – Russ, Hasebe, Abraham (c) – Da Costa, de Guzman, Boateng, Chandler – Wolf – Fabian, Jovic
Absentees: Salcedo (collarbone), Mascarell (foot), Meier (fitness), Mandela (knee)
Coach: Niko Kovac
Hoffenheim: Baumann – Akpoguma, Vogt (c), Hübner – Kaderabek, Grillitsch, Rupp, Schulz – Kramaric, Uth, Gnabry
Absentees: Geiger (thigh), Bicakcic (groin)
Coach: Julian Nagelsmann
- Kevin-Prince Boateng has never been on the losing team against Hoffenheim and has been directly involved in a goal every time he’s played against them.
- Hoffenheim defender Benjamin Hübner has never lost against Frankfurt and is the son of Eintracht sporting director Bruno Hübner.
- Serge Gnabry has registered four goals and two assists in his last four outings for Hoffenheim.
- Frankfurt centre-back David Abraham joined the Eagles from Hoffenheim in 2015.
- A Hoffenheim victory would see Julian Nagelsmann’s side go level on 45 points with Frankfurt, but above them in the table on goal difference.
- Eintracht have only won one of their last nine Bundesliga meetings with Hoffenheim, a 3-1 triumph back in May 2015.